Over £30,000 raised so far!
As of 24th September 2019 we have just passed the £30,000 mark towards making Kent Scouts #ReQuest2021 Antarctica Project happen! Thanks to everyone who has supported us so far we have now hit 35% of our overall target. http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/ReQuest2021
Here is a reminder of our ten project objectives – primary and secondary.
Primary Project Objectives:
- Participate as members of the crew on the Barque Europa on a voyage to Antarctica in the Winter ‘21/’22.
- For each of the participants to carry out an Antarctic research project and present the results upon return.
- To visit Port Lockroy base that was established by Scout James Marr and fly a Scout flag on Antarctica.
- To unveil an expedition plaque dedicated to Marr & Mooney at Gilwell Park and Port Lockroy in Antarctica.
- To involve the younger sections in join-in educational fun activities in the form of Antarctica In An Ice Box.
Secondary Project Objectives:
- Hold a pre-expedition PR event for sponsors, participants and Scouting dignitaries on board a similar 100-year-old vessel at St Katherine’s Dock, on 17th Sep ‘21 and have Tower Bridge opened just for us!
- Attend the Devon and Cornwall Polar Society Quest reconstruction event at Plymouth in Sep 2021.
- To have Scouting representation at Sir Ernest Shackleton’s Grave on South Georgia on 4th/5th January 2022.
- Potential to link up with Scouts in other countries on the original expedition route.
- Potential to create a legacy charity project. T.A.S.K. – “The Antarctica Scout Krill” project.